Killing Sound are the time-lapse death throes of the dub siren, an ominous portent issued via soundsystem tremors and hardware brutality. Borne of a quartet of Young Echo members (Vessel, Jabu, El Kid and now poet-vocalist Chester Giles), they have spent the past few years prowling the margins between cavernous low-end pressure and scorched earth electronics. When glimpsed in the light they are found delivering powerhouse improvised live shows and scarce releases for imprints such as No Corner and Blackest Ever Black.
The group harnesses deep dub influences, exhaling these in heavy, reverb-swathed pulses. The recent addition of Giles brings a new lyrical dimension, a jarring clout of emotion amid crackles of rhythm, broken keys and crumbling walls of noise.
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Pictures: SHAPE @ Unsound 2016
- Photos: SHAPE @ Skaņu Mežs’2016
- Resonance FM show on Skaņu Mežs festival 2016