Maria W Horn is a composer hailing from the north of Sweden, based in Stockholm since 2011. Maria W Horn is interested in the manipulation of time and space through sonic extremes – oscillating between minimalist structures and piercing power electronics utilizing both digital and analog synthesis as well as acoustic instruments and audiovisual components.
Her work examines aspects of human perception – how audiovisuality and overload/loss of perceptual stimuli can conspire to transcend everyday life and invoke alternate mental states. She is a part of Sthlm Drone Society – an association working to promote slow and gradually evolving timbral music, and co-operates the label XKatedral.
Download press photo here (Credit: Sissel Wincent)
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Pictures: SHAPE at Riga’s White Night
- Photos: SHAPE @ CTM 2019
- Insomnia Festival 2019
- Skaņu Mežs at Riga’s White Night’2019
- Les Siestes Electroniques Toulouse
- CTM Festival 2019 – Persistence