N.M.O. is the project of North Sea drummer and producer Morten J. Olsen and Mediterranean synthesis aficionado Rubén Patiño. N.M.O. is an ever-changing acronym that incorporates club music, performance, miltary drumming, fitness and absurdity. What they call ‘Military Danceable Space Music and/or Fluxus Techno’ is a unique blend of repetitive percussive patterns and synthetic sounds that combined with performative aspects explodes during their short and intense live shows. In a club context the most suitable time slot to play is a 30-40 min intermezzo late at night. In order to blend the acoustic and synthetic sounds properly they are in need of a big sound system.
In 2016, N.M.O. released Nordic Mediterranean Organization / Numerous Miscommunications Occur, a double 12″ LP for Powell’s Diagonal Records. Previously they have put out two releases on Barcelona’s Anòmia, including 2014’s critically acclaimed Nederlandse Maatschappij Ontwikkeling, and in 2015 the two EPs Naturkunde Museum Ostkreuz for Boomkat’s label The Death of Rave, as well as Natalia Martínez Ordóñez for UK label Where to Now?.
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Stine Janvin and Morten Olsen (N.M.O.) at Cashmere Radio
- Pictures: SHAPE @Maintenant 2017
- Rokolectiv is coming and NSDOS joins SHAPE platform
- Listen to our latest Resonance FM show
- Listen to N.M.O.’s mix for NTS Radio
- Gymnastics with N.M.O.
- Photos: SHAPE @ CTM Festival 2017
- SHAPE platform announces artist list of 2017